10 reasons for Hair Transplant
- Natural Hair
- Permanent Hair Growth
- Definite results
- Increase Density
- Safe done in Local Anesthesia
- Convenient Day care Procedure
- Pain free
- Quick Recovery
- Restore Your Youth & Confidence
The fringe of Hairs on Back & sides of scalp is known is Donor dominant hair which is the hair that will continue to grow throughout the life of most men. In hair transplant surgery, it’s these hairs which are taken from back of the scalp and moved to area of baldness. The transplant of these hairs to the bald area doesn’t change there original characteristic to grow till old age.
The first step in hair restoration is a full evaluation and consultation with Surgeon. During the consultation, He will discuss with you, your expectations, your family history of hair loss, your current hair loss grade, and your previous hair restoration Treatment. After everything is considered, Surgeon will recommend the best solution, Surgical or Non Surgical, for your individual situation. If Hair Transplantation is the best solution for you, a full review of the procedure is next,including:
STRIP or FUE technique
- Number of follicular units needed
- Scheduling your Hair transplant
- Post operative care
- Pre–operative information
- On the day of your hair transplant session, you will meet Surgical team, complete Consent forms, and have pre-operative photos taken in order to monitor your progress. Please note that all Clinic photos are 100% private and only available to you and clinic. Then your Surgeon will reconfirm your specific goals and review all artistic considerations.
HAIR TRANSPLANT PROCEDURE
- The patient is seated and may listen to music.
- Donor area is trimmed & taped to allow access for strip harvesting.
- Frontal hair line is marked & shown to you.
- Local Anesthesia is given on the donor area to make it numb. A strip of Hair bearing scalp is harvested. In FUE /DHT Individual Follicular units are harvested one by one with the help of FUE machine, No Stitches.
- The strip of skin is given to the surgical team and they begin to divide this strip into hair grafts. In FUE/DHT the medical assistants simply inspect the follicular units & separates them in single/multiple hair grafts.
- Grafts are made of Singe Hair(for frontal hair line) OR two/three hair for behind the hairline.
- While the Grafts are being prepared, the donor area is sutured by pulling the skin edges together. The stitches are completely hidden immediately after the procedure by surrounding hair. When this heals, what is usually left is a fine line scar which is barely detectable a few months later.
- Local Anesthesia is given on the Bald or ‘Recipient’ area to make it numb.
- Minute incisions are made in the bald area for insertion of Grafts.
- These ‘slits’ are made in a random pattern ( for a natural look) with enough space between each other to ensure proper healing.
- The grafts are carefully placed one by one in slits.
- At completion, the patient is given a light Head bandage & have to wear a Cap for protection and comfort.
Follow up Next day for Bandage Removal.
For the first few nights, you are advised to sleep on back with your head elevated on pillows.
Medications are advised to avoid discomfort. Kindly follow your physician’s instructions on medications.
You are also given Doctors Mobile numbers and are free to call if you have any concerns.
It’s also important to follow Post-Operative Instructions.