BODY DYSMORPHIC DISORDER (BDD)- TIME TO CHANGE THE ILLUSIONS REGARDING YOUR HAIR
BASIC CONCEPT: – Body Dysmorphic disorder (BDD) is a psychological disorder characterized by presumptions that there exists a defect in appearance. The person suffering from BDD is preoccupied with the fact of having an imagined bodily defect. Those sufferers are over concerned or we can say, obsessive about their hair, skin and overall appearance.
FEATURES OF BDD-
- BDD is a pseudo disorder or illness in which the person gets preoccupied with the perceive defect in their own personality or appearance.
- People with this order find themselves as ugly and do not like social gatherings and try to improve their performance by going for surgical treatment
- The patient generally may have the perception that their hair are not done properly or are abnormal or they are not having the style they always wish.
- People suffering are much more concern about their scalp than normal, the anxiety is much recurring and affect their social, professional and personal relationships.
- People with BDD try to run away from the society in order to avoid the contact so that defect becomes unobserved by them. Hence social phobia is an outcome.
SYMPTOMS OF BDD-
BDD has unknown cause but generally biological disorder is found to be the root cause of such psychological disorders. It is also caused either by traumatic events and pressure from folk & peers.
The signs & symptoms of BDD are as follows-
- Repeatedly touching or noticing or observing the defect.
- Experiencing pressure at work place or in any relationships.
- Self-conscious and possessive about the looks or head.
- Avoidance of mirrors, putting up make up to hide flaws.
- Not feeling like going out in society.
- Regularly visiting consultants and hair specialist.
- Trying to cover up the defect most of the times.
TREATMENT OF BDD-
BDD can be treated with the few steps like-
- Initial counselling for knowing the actual inner thoughts
- If an individual is facing hair fall or hair restoration related problem then immediate solution is recommended like medication, mesotherapy or hair transplantation is suggested.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) is effective in treating BDD.
- Anti depressants and amino acid filled pills are also prescribed by our doctors if we find the case much severe.
- Regular checkups are also advised for the patient.
WHY NUBELLO ?
- Nubello offers individual therapy for everyone be it adult, children or teenagers emphasizing CBT therapy
- We provide online and telephonic consultations for all those persons who live far away in different cities.
- We also provide outpatient treatment for those who can’t come to meet us in our office.
- We treat patients suffering from BDD six days a week apart from that 24*7 online counselling is facilitated by us.
- We also have formed support groups for all the sufferers of body dysmorphic disorder so that they can connect with each other and get to learn and improvise themselves more personally.